Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's the benefit, Kenneth?


Just because you can design a feature into a product or service doesn't always mean it's a good idea. Every category seems to be locked in a features arms race, offering their customers more for less.

Well, more isn't more if I don't want it. It's just a waste. 

How many features are there on my mobile phone that I never use? How many channels come through my cable that I never watch? 

Don't just give me more. Give me features that actually provide a benefit or don't give them to me at all. 


1 comment:

  1. The more for the same mentality is why Comcast and cable in general will lose to internet TV. When I can sign up for just what I want then I will feel good about the price I pay. When I have to pay $50 per month more to get the one additional channel I want to watch (and ignore the other 50 channels) then I start looking for alternatives.

    Of course on your cell phone the idea is to load up with features you don't use today (think of texting years ago), get you to try them for next to nothing, and then before you know it, your hooked and can't live without the feature.

    ReplyDelete