Friday, September 2, 2011

The greatest car ad ever

DC shoes has yet another installment of its wildly popular viral video series. The latest, posted here, has already been viewed seven and a half million times on Youtube since August 16th.



As my friend, Rick Rusch, said when he emailed the link to me, "I think I want a Ford Fiesta..."

DC may have paid for this. They're logo may be all over it. But undoubtedly the stars of this epic production are Ken Block and his Fiesta.

Yes, DC features its products right up front – the shoe on the foot of a leg being eaten by a zombie, the jacket exploding, the hat sliced in half by a samurai – but by the time you get to the end of Block's amazing feats of automotive acrobatics, I don't remember anything but the car.

Not that I'm complaining. I'd rather see this than glamor shots of their products. Plus, I'm sure they do a lot of event and in-store marketing to close the loop on these.

I have no idea what DC's sales are like, but I applaud their effort and hope it's paying off for them. It's certainly paying off for Ford.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know Ken Block is a founder of DC shoes. Certainly the kids who buy them do, and they worship him all the way to the cash register.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bill. I did not know that and it adds to the story. I have no doubt that the kids who follow Block will wear and do just about anything he says.

    ReplyDelete