Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Borrowing interest. Growing Equity.

Coca Cola is back.

The brand that is the world's leading manufacturer and distributor of sugary liquids has produced yet another spot to make you forget all about that and just smile.



There's a lot to like here: Great stories, excellent repurposing of a pop/rock classic, the simple documentary style of the film, and just the right amount of product and brand to let you know who's sponsoring the message.

I like that Coke isn't trying to get me to join a movement or like them on Facebook to vote or nominate the next crazy person. I can just enjoy the spot then the next time I'm at the convenience store maybe I'll remember the feeling it gave me and reach for the red and white can instead of the blue one.

Let's face it. There's no rational reason to buy cola. It's tasty but not necessary for life, and yes, when consumed in mass quantities, it's not very good for you. This spot makes you forget all that and just smile.

For a low investment, low involvement purchase like Coke, it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment