Friday, December 18, 2009

Free Idea Friday

Ideas are easy. Execution is hard. Every Friday I will share an idea that's been rolling around in my head that I have neither the time nor the where-with-all to execute. Remember, it's free, so take it for what it's worth. 

The New Chrysler
Fallon just got the Chrysler account and I for one am looking forward to seeing what they do with it. They're in a tricky position, because they're going to have sell cars now while setting a believable course for their future. Just because I didn't have anything better to do last night (The Office and 30 Rock were preempted for some SNL clip show), I created this ad as a stake in the ground to mark a point between Chrysler's past and their future. Click on the image to view the ad full size, you should be able to read the copy.

Go easy on me with your fact checking as I didn't have Chrysler's product information department to back all this stuff up. Everything here came from a quick google search. And if there's a typo, let me know, I'll fix it. As for the art direction and Photoshop work, just remember this: I'm a writer. 

Oh, and I do know the irony of just putting this ad up here an letting it "reveal its brilliance" to you after yesterday's post, but so be it.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Harvey, I like where you are going with this even though I question your dedication to creativity while you could have been going brain dead listening to Matt Millen and Bob Papa on Thursday Night Football.

    No doubt Chrysler has a fine heritage. My dad was a "Plymouth guy" (God only knows why). My first car was a '68 Plymouth Barracuda - fastback. I loved it.

    For Chrysler marketing to be successful it must define what is the Chrysler edge now? We know where they've been. They really need to clue us in on who they are today and how that impacts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete