Friday, July 9, 2010

Free Idea Friday

Ideas are easy. Execution is hard. Every Friday I will share an idea that's been rolling around in my head that I have neither the time nor the where-with-all to execute. Remember, it's free, so take it for what it's worth. 

Pump it up
The other day I had to inflate the tires on my old Trek and after digging the pump out from behind all the gardening equipment, I attached it to the tire and started pumping and pumping and pumping.

Now, I don't mind a little work out, but I figure there has to be an easier way to do this. That's when I remembered an idea I had years ago. It's pretty simple but as far as I know, no one's done anything like it.

As gas prices rise and people look for alternative modes of transportation like bicycling, removing a barrier like low tire pressure would seem to be a good idea to increase riding ease and rider satisfaction.

5 comments:

  1. Co2 cartridges, Harvey! :) Gimme another idea. This one didn't make me go, "Hunh!" like your others do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, sorry about that! I'll have to work harder next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with your idea Harvey!!

    Does anyone really want to keep buying CO2 cartridges to fill their tires at home when they can use an electric pump instead.

    CO2 is great for a roadside flat repair but that's about all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black & Decker makes an electric air compressor which does exactly what the "PowerPump" does. Others make air compressors which will run off 12V sources. Sorry, this free idea is a little stale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it a huge idea? Maybe not. I know that there are other general purpose pumps, this solved a specific problem for me. Making it wall mounted in the garage means it's always where I need and expect it to be.

    Okay. Now the pressure's on for this Friday.

    ReplyDelete