Friday, August 27, 2010

The final push

It's time to shop for a new car. For the next few weeks I'm chronicling my search, reviewing the process, the products, the marketing, the sales experience and the transaction.

Day 15: It's all good.

It's almost over. This weekend I drive the Mini, Fusion Sport and hopefully a Saab 9-5, then decision time.

Going back over my initial criteria yesterday, I don't think it's changed much. Actually, it's pretty simple. My new car has to be fun to drive, comfortable on long trips, seat four adults, get me through a Wisconsin winter and cost less than $40,000.

The one thing I've learned in the process is that there has never been a better time to be a car buyer. From the cheapest car to the most expensive you can get all the features you want in a package that will last well over 100,000 miles without even trying hard.

Monday, I'll have the list pared down to my final three and then the fun begins. Negotiating!

No comments:

Post a Comment