Friday, September 3, 2010

You cannot annoy me into buying your product

Yesterday, my NFL Preview edition of Sports Illustrated showed up with a massive insert from DirecTV stuffed in the middle. While I appreciate the scale of this endeavor, clearly the guys who designed this don't actually read magazines.

I'm one of those people who remove all inserts and tip in cards that make the pages hard to turn. This one was nearly impossible to pull out with two strips of booger glue on it, and once I got it out, the giant poster with a picture of a ticket to every game on one side and NFL stars on the other was worthless from a communications standpoint. It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about DirecTV, and it nearly ruined my magazine. And I can only imagine how much it cost.

I wonder if the team that dreamed this thing up are aware how many of these will end up crumpled in the recycling bin, unread.

2 comments:

  1. We have received three identical packages from American Express trying to get us to get a card. I just think of how much all that packaging costs and I guess that's why they have that annual fee. Har.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine how hard it would have been to peel that DirecTV insert out of your iPad.

    ReplyDelete