Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is your fight, not ours

As anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows, I'm a sports fan. And an NFL nut. If there's a game on. I'm watching. So I was interested when I read that the NFL Players Association produced a spot to gain fan sympathies as we move closer to the negotiations of their new collective bargaining agreement.



Let us play? How about you, your leaders and your negotiators stop talking to us and start meeting with the NFL owners. Fighting this out in the media will only have a negative effect on your image. I know the issues are big: NFL alumni healthcare, an 18 game season, a rookie salary cap, etc. But most people aren't going to look that deep. They see it as millionaires arguing with billionaires fighting for a larger slice of very, very big pie.

Stop wasting your money and our time.

We can't help you get this deal done. Our signatures on your petition are meaningless. The only thing that matters is if you and the owners sit down, hammer out a compromise and don't utter another word to us or the media until its done.

We don't care about your contracts. We care about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment