Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Design that pops

On the Red Pop website, I found this statement:

"Every single thing we make follows the Beep design ethos: simple and elegant objects that do one thing really well."

Maybe that's what allowed them to create this simple, cool iPhone accessory that makes its built-in camera operate more like a camera. When you attach the device to your phone, it automatically launches your camera app and rather than having to use the phones interface to activate the shutter, you use the red button on top to get the shot.



As one who has missed a lot of shots fumbling with the camera app on my phone, I love this idea. I also love the fact that the design references the old take up reels on 35mm film cameras.

Apparently I'm not the only one since they've more than doubled their target fundraising goal on Kickstarter.

It just goes to show what can happen when you do one thing really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment